With Marvel NOW! coming up, we’ve listed what books we’re looking forward to and what we’ve thrown on our pull lists for the upcoming months. Let us know what you’re excited for too!
I haven’t had too much on my pull lists lately, and I’m kind of excited for Marvel NOW!. It’s nice to have a new jumping off point for titles I’ve always wanted to check out, which is exactly what Marvel probably wants. Anyway, some of the titles I’m looking forward to:
- Marvel NOW! Point One: For obvious reasons.
- Avengers & New Avengers: I can’t resist Hickman. He’s generally one of the best Marvel writers right now, and I love love loved his run on Fantastic Four. So excited to see Steve Epting on New Avengers with him, too!
- Uncanny Avengers: ROGUE IS AN AVENGER. That is all.
- Avengers Assemble: In it for Kelly Sue DeConnick, who is fast becoming one of my favorite writers with her work on Captain Marvel.
- Thor: God of Thunder: I’ve always wanted to read a Thor title, but never, ever knew where to start. (I do know I want go to back and read JMS’s run on the title). This is the perfect start for me.
- Captain America: I really, really want to pick this up because STEVE BACKSTORY, but John Romita Jr. is on art, and I can’t stand his work. I’ll pick it up tentatively and see if I like the story enough to keep going.
- Journey into Mystery: A title featuring Sif! I’ll wait for some reviews on it before adding it to my list. (And I want to catch up on all the Kid Loki first.)
- Avengers Arena: Oh boy. I really don’t want a Battle Royale with characters I love (Chase and Nico and Laura whyyyyy) that is destined to break my heart, so I’ll just see what’s going on when it comes out.
Curiously, I don’t see Wiccan mentioned anywhere other than in Point One, despite him being on that big Nick Fury Jr. reveal photo a while back. Where’s my favorite Young Avenger, Marvel? Wheeeeere?
I already have quite a lengthy pull list at the moment, but with a few Marvel titles being canceled and a few limited series ending, I have a bit of room to add some Marvel NOW titles. Unfortunately, my problem is that most of the Marvel series I’m pulling are X-Men related, and the Marvel NOW relaunch seems to be very Avengers heavy.
- Uncanny Avengers: Mostly because I want to see where the story goes, post AvX. Before we really knew how AvX played out, I didn’t realize that this was meant to be an Avengers AND X-Men team, and now I really want to know how this is going to work. And I’ve enjoyed the few Remeder titles I’ve read a great deal.
- All New X-Men: I am crazy excited for this one. Not only because of Jean, but because I want to see the current X-Men’s reactions to the young versions of the original X-Men. Poor little Cyclops, he’s going to have a time ahead of him.And I’ve really liked what Bendis has done with Ultimate Spider-Man lately, so I’m hoping he’ll still do a good job here.
- Avengers Arena: Picking this one up mostly for X-23 and the Runaways kids, but I’m expecting massive heartbreak.
- Marvel NOW! Point One: Mostly just here because I completely forgot to add it to my pull list last week. WHOOPS.
- Uncanny X-Force: Also only here because I’m really behind in reading Uncanny X-Force’s current run. From what I’ve heard, it’s fantastic and I’ll likely want to continue on.
I don’t actually have a pull list, not in the official sense. I have a list of titles in a notepad that I am either currently reading or want to check out, which works as my unofficial pull list. These are the ones that have gone onto this (sorely in need of updating) list.
- Marvel NOW! Point One: Clearly.
- Uncanny Avengers: It features Rogue and the Scarlet Witch! It’s basically everything my 11 year old self wanted so I am naturally there.
- All-New X-Men: I’m morbidly curious about this one. I enjoy time travel stuff and this could go either well interestingly or really awfully. My curiosity also demands to know.
- Avengers and New Avengers: The Avengers are my jam. These are already titles that I read and I’m not ready to le them go just yet.
- Indestructible Hulk: Much like Chantaal with Thor, I have always wanted to read a Hulk title but didn’t know quite where to start. Plus after hearing Mark Waid talk about his take on the Hulk I’m kind of excited.
- Journey Into Mystery: I recently picked this one up and read all of the newer arcs so I’m not quite willing to let this title go just yet. I enjoyed the Kid!Loki emphasis, but am excited the Sif-centric nature of what is to come.
- Thor: God of Thunder: I just like reading stuff about Thor. Plus the promise of taking a look at Thor through the ages is kind of exciting to me.
- Captain America: I love Captain America and the promise of backstory, but the art might be an issue for me as well as my cyclical nature of nearly overdosing on Cap-featured works.
- Avengers Assemble: It will likely end up being picked up by me, but I don’t want to over do it on the Avengers despite my love of Kelly Sue Deconnick’s work.
- Iron Man: I enjoyed Kieron Gillen’s work on JiM, but can take or leave Greg Land’s art. Iron Man isn’t a title I read often, but I’ll drop in when I get a chance.
- Fantastic Four/FF: I have been meaning to get back into reading Fantastic Four for a while now and I think this is probably as good as time as any to take a bit of a peak. Plus FF promises Medusa and She-Hulk team up which I’ll have to take a look at.
- Avengers Arena: Probably destined to break my heart which is why I will wait a while before checking it out.